St. Thomas Hospital
Regular price $55.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Saint Thomas Hospital has been caring for Nashville's citizens since its founding in 1898 when the Daughters of Charity were asked to open a hospital by Bishop Thomas Bryne. Originally located in the home of Judge J.M. Dickinson as a 26-bed "refuge for the sick", it soon became necessary to build a more suitable hospital to keep up with the growing city. In 1902 a new building was built on Hayes Street near 20th Avenue, called St. Thomas Infirmary, and it housed 225 patients. Over the years the hospital expanded at that location and remained there until the 1974 when it moved to its present location on Harding Road.